Friday, September 30, 2011

TGIF

Today was a good day because when I got up I decided it would be. The power of positive thinking!!!
I have had a few stressful days and not about to have another. Around lunch time I just decided that this day needed to be carefree. So I took the babies to breakfast at noon. I didn't give them naps. Then I went to my friend's warehouse to pick up some awesome finds with an unfortunate past. There were trunks full of new kitchen and bathroom accessories as well as furniture. They had been there 3 years, unshipped and unclaimed. It is the belief that the woman who owned the belongings had passed away. So finally it was time to get rid of all the stuff and I was lucky enough to get invited to see if I could use anything. Of course I can! If you have ever seen my basement you would know that I am somewhat of a hoarder. I am a closet hoarder. The rest of my house is fairly put together and neat but the basement is a different story. Rubbermaid totes line the walls, shelves are overflowing. I made the mistake of letting some people see it and now it is kind of a tourist attraction. I justify this with the fact that I never turn down hand me downs as well as I keep the girls clothes to pass down and all the baby gear. However at least 15 tubs are full of little men.(starting line ups) My husband used to think this would be his retirement money. Yes, quite humorous. Now I am not sure they are worth much money but every time I suggest he part with them he looks as if he just had a vasectomy. And never ever suggest you actually take one out of it's packaging! So among the clutter I will find room for some more treasures. Thanks Kris and Bernie!
Tip of the day: As well as college funds I think a savings acct for fashion is in order when you have girls. Sadie is very into her style and LOVES TO SHOP. Especially shoes and bags. OH NO..not already. Since boys are born with selected hearing do you think girls are born with a need to shop?

1 comment: